Today I am going to publish at least two more of my screenplays on Kindle.
One of them I am unsure about.
It is titled Petcare and it is another one of my attempts at writing a short horror script intended for the (now long-defunct) Masters of Horror show.
Anyhow, I am unsure of this script because it contains horrific acts of domestic abuse, including child abuse.
Obviously, the script is aggressively against all of those abhorrent acts and (as is the case with most of my stories) the wicked do indeed get their comeuppance (in the most gruesome of ways). But the road leading to that retribution is tough to read and visualize.
I don't know.
We shall see if I choose to publish it.
On the one hand, I want people to read this story.
On the other hand, I do indeed work in academia and do not want someone reading this script, missing the point and forming a witch hunt against me. That would be a constant worry for me.
I think I will let my buddy Tim (a proud parent) be the judge.
After all, there's no rush.
I am writing many more scripts that will eventually land on Kindle.
And I have a full library on there now, even as I write this.
But in preparation for its eventual publication I have done a second draft (and taken out some problematic lines, as well as fixed some formatting issues and taken out some unnecessary plot devices that, in retrospect, didn't work... I also had to update a lot of the script, as it was written nearly 20 years ago!) and designed a one sheet for it (seen below). My buddy Tim even helped pick out the image for the poster.
Anyhow, my first Christmas horror script (Run, Run Rudolph) will be available soon, as will my first attempt at backwoods redneck horror (think Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, X (2002), Wrong Turn (2003), etc.) Painsville should be available later on today.

No comments:
Post a Comment