Saturday, July 25, 2026

STAGE BLOOD Screenplay Now Published on Kindle

 I am on a roll today.

I just published my screenplay, Stage Blood on Kindle.

Now, I should start off by explaining a few things:

1.) I wrote this script in fall of 2008 when I became obsessed with late nite T.V. horror hosts. We didn't really have one in St. Louis (though I did grow up catching any appearance of Elvira on TV when I could... and I was an obsessed Joe Bob viewer when we finally got cable and Drive-In Theater was on The Movie Channel (and later MonsterVision on TNT). During this time I was buying a lot of official (and some bootlegs) of TV horror hosts, both modern and classic. Thus, I wanted to translate this obsession (which still persists to this day)  into a story.

2.) This script it short. Sixty pages (which, in film language, translates to about an hour of screen time). The reason for this is that, at the time, Mick Garris' Masters of Horror anthology show was on Showtime (where it lasted for two seasons, before mutating into Fear Itself and landing on network television). Anyhow, I dreamt of one-day being considered a Master of Horror and being given the opportunity to write episodes for Garris' Showtime show. Thus, my scripts (Stage Blood and another, Petcare, which I plan to publish later on today) are the required length for that show.

3.) The cover art was created by AI. I don't like the monster at all. I pictured something bonier, more angular, more demonic, perhaps something from a death metal album cover. They gave me a skeletal purple rat. I also don't like how obvious the late nite TV horror hosts are portrayed in this picture, but c'est la vie. Also, the AI image generator I was using said, "I cannot show gore strewn everywhere".

Seriously?!

Come on!

I'm trying to create a horror movie poster here... what is problematic about some insane gore?!

Whatever.

Enjoy Stage Blood

 

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment