Okay, so a few things...
1.) This was my first attempt at Christmas horror. At the end of the day, it's basically Stephen King's Cujo but with a Christmas twist.
2.) I put quotes around "Christmas Horror" because I broke the cardinal rule in my (and many other people's) book about Christmas Horror: Christmas has to be integral, irremovable aspect of the story. Sadly, you can take out the Christmas element here and you'll still have a nature gone awry (Cujo rip-off) story.
3.) I started this script just before Christmas of 2024. Christmas celebrations and time with family took over and I drug my feet on completing this script until sometime in February or so.
4.) Because it was not written entirely before (or around) Christmas, I feel like I lost focus a bit. The script is only 61 pages long. This is around the time when I found that my screenplays were not reaching feature-length (90 pages/minutes). I want to find organic ways to make this script into a feature, but I don't want it to seem as if I am padding out the running time and, thus, destroying the story's momentum and pacing.
5.) As I was putting in my prompts to have Google Gemini create a poster / cover for this script, I asked it to show a rabid reindeer attacking a house adorned with Christmas decorations. Gemini told me that it couldn't portray an animal afflicted with rabies... Weird. So I told them to create a psychotic Christmas card from my prompt (I think I changed "rabid reindeer" to "demonic reindeer"... somehow they interpreted that meant "zombified"... I dunno). Anyhow, the only thing I liked about the "psychotic Christmas card" was the reindeer. SO I had them put the reindeer from the "psychotic Christmas card" into a normal Christmas card. Hopefully it work. I like it.
As it stands, I think this could make a good straight-to-streaming film.
Also, I just realized that I accidentally left the Google Gemini watermark (that annoying star at the bottom of my image) and I need to edit that off of there before I add the book to my Kindle Library.
At any rate, soon my first attempt at "Christmas Horror" will be available for all to read.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment