So... after getting multiple troubling notifications from my computer that my current version (version 11) of Final Draft will not work with future updates to my OS, I decided to upgrade to Final Draft 13.
Good Heavens they make it difficult!
I had to create a whole new account (I guess missing one version of Final Draft makes your account outdated and obsolete).
Then downloading it was an exercise in frustration (the URL they send you needs to be seriously modified in order to bring you to the page that will actually download your purchase.
And, finally, when you open it, it will open in a window that fills your whole screen and you have to hit a button at the bottom of the window in order to navigate through a bunch of nonsense in order for it to finally leave you alone and let you continue writing your scripts.
'Cuz, let's be fair, if you're upgrading to Final Draft 13, you know the routine already. I don't know why they have to hound you with nonsense and ask you for "data sharing"... like I want that invasive, Big Brother jive in my life.
Ah well.
It cost me $99 and now I am running the current version of the screenwriting software I have been using since 2004.
Here I go, ready to finish Depravity (hopefully by Halloween) and Mall Santa (hopefully before Christmas).
No comments:
Post a Comment