Monday, September 7, 2026

Another Rejection for PERSONAL DEMONS

 Just got this email:

"

FilmFreeway

Dear Erik D.,

This is an automated email to notify you that PEEPHOLE filmfest has updated the Judging Status of your submission.

Personal Demons

Not Accepted

Not Selected

Project was not selected to be included in festival.

You can contact PEEPHOLE filmfest by replying to this email or sending an email to peepholefilmfest@gmail.com.


Not going to lie, this is disheartening.

This is my 5th festival rejection of 2026.

Has the magic worn off?

Has my luck run out?

Or am I just in a bit of a dry spell?

I guess I am just so impacted by these recent rejections because I am so used to winning. Thus far I have 19 either wins or near-wins since 2019. I suppose no one can maintain that impressive of a track record for that long (7 years!). It's just disheartening that I haven't had a win yet in 2026 (save for my "quarter-finalist" status at Filmmatic Horror Screenplay Awards).   

However... onward I trudge.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment