Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Jersey City Horror Film Festival Rejection

Personal Demons was shot down by the Jersey City Horror Film Festival. 

This is Personal Demons' 4th rejection of 2026 and it's 6th in a year.

It was broken up only by being a semi-finalist at the Filmmatic Horror Screenplay Awards in February (where it remains in that spot, according to Film Freeway).

Not going to lie, this is disheartening.

Has the magic worn off?

Has my luck run out?

Or am I just in a bit of a dry spell?

I guess I am just so impacted by these recent rejections because I am so used to winning. Thus far I have 19 either wins or near-wins since 2019. I suppose no one can maintain that impressive of a track record for that long (7 years!). It's just disheartening that I haven't had a win yet in 2026. 

However... onward I trudge.  

 

I'll meditate on this more in a separate post, but here is the rejection email.

FilmFreeway

Dear Erik D.,

This is an automated email to notify you that Jersey City Horror Film Festival has updated the Judging Status of your submission.

Personal Demons

Not Accepted

Not Selected

Project was not selected to be included in festival.

You can contact Jersey City Horror Film Festival by replying to this email or sending an email to jcpfilmfestival@gmail.com.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment