Sunday, February 11, 2024

Finalist, not winner

So I found out on February 5th that Personal Demons stopped at the Finalist stage. 

I did not win at the Hollywood Blood Horror Fest.

Here are the winners. 


Best Original Screenplay

🏆 Bloody teeth

Shaqwane Yates, Markus Evans

USA


Best Original Screenplay

🏆 Deadly shadows

Toneata Leona Martocchio

 

I don't know what's up with them having two original screenplay entry winners.

And I have some thoughts as to why these two entries won, but I will keep these theories to myself.

They then sent me an email asking if I wanted to buy my own "golden hand" trophy (the instructions for which seemed really convoluted... and I'm sure it is pricey).

I, not surprisingly, am opting not to get a trophy for nearly winning.

Don't get me wrong: I am not bitter towards this fest. I love that I was a late entry and still made it to the Finalist stage, but I'm going to put that on my writer's CV and move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment