Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Hollywood PitchFest... finally?

 So... As I said before, we were given the option of December, January and February to reschedule PitchFest.

... And they chose December.

I can't imagine any writers chose December and, if they did, that an overwhelmingly amount chose December, which is (for most) the busiest time of the year... as it signals the holidays for quite a few cultures, religions, etc.

But here we are, early December.

I cannot think of a more idiotic decision.

And I have 15 pitches to make use of and a project (Muscles & Wine) that I have never pitched before.

This is going to be interesting.

Also, on a personal note, the weekend of December 1st - 2nd is also when I am taking my Mom to see our annual viewing of A Christmas Carol on stage.

December 1st is also opening weekend of Godzilla: Minus One (and Godzilla is a sacred thing in my household).

Oh well.

This year the fest is entirely virtual (due to the hotel worker's strike).

Next year virtual may not even be an option (though it always should be, as we are still in a pandemic and not everyone has the time and money to fly out to L.A.).

Plus I don't want to waste this opportunity.

Beside, if it goes well, I can have something to celebrate and be grateful and thankful for as I ease into the Holidays.

Here's hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment