Friday, July 7, 2023

Elm Street Legacy Sequel

 Just finished my 3-act outline/roadmap/blueprint for what I would like to see from the Elm Street Legacy sequel (since it seems like those are all the rage now).

Mine is a direct sequel to Wes Craven's New Nightmare... and I don't want to say much more.

Most years I attend the Flashback Weekend horror con in Chicago. Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Amanda Wyss and assorted other Elm Street alum are staples of that con. I am going to try and ask Mike and Mia Kerz (who not only run the con but also have a cool drive-in in Dixon, IL. called the Midway Drive-In, that shows non-stop horror movies throughout the year) if they can get persuade Englund and Langenkamp to get in a room with the people who have the power to make my pitch a reality. I kind of have an in with the Kerz, as they are friends with the owner of my local drive-in, and I am friends with him (I'm even on the committee that picks the movies for their SlashFest (horror triple features) every Halloween). 

I heard that the rights to Elm Street had reverted back to the Craven Estate, as I guess New Line hasn't made an Elm Street movie in over a decade now. 

I dunno.

I also heard that Mike Flanagan (writer / director Haunting of Hill House, Midnight Club, Doctor Sleep, etc.) asked Langenkamp (who starred in Midnight Club) whom he needed to pitch to ('cuz I guess he has an idea for an Elm Street movie) and he says she says she doesn't know.

I don't know.

But I've written.

And I am going to get someone of importance and influence to read it if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment