Saturday, August 7, 2021

It is done.

 Finished my 5th revision of Personal Demons and just sent it to the Blood List's Fresh Blood competition.

This is something I've dreamt of doing for years

And now it is done. 

Also, has anyone heard of CoverFly?

They tried selling me on it at checkout and I declined only because they were talking about holding workshops between now and September and, well, my cart is full come September (teaching during the day and at night, taking grad school classes, etc.).  

But I think I might actually sign up for it.

It seems worthwhile.

Plus I need a new avenue (aside from FilmFreeway, which is awesome) to discover & submit to screenplay competitions and film fests now that WithoutABox is gone. 

At any rate, I am going to ride the good vibes of submitting my favorite screenplay to horror's most prestigious competition.   

Let me bask in this glow for a while.




Hi Erik,

Your project Personal Demons has been successfully submitted to Fresh Blood Selects (6th Annual).

The Blood List uses Coverfly as an administrative platform to manage this submission, which means you are able to track this submission by signing up for a Coverfly account.

About your Fresh Blood Selects (6th Annual) entry:

Official announcements will be made on the following dates:

Official Selections: Friday, October 29th

Questions about this competition should be directed to info@bloodlist.com.

Your comment to the analyst(s):
This script infuses my love of 80’s horror (MONSTER SQUAD, GHOSTBUSTERS, NIGHT OF THE DEMONS, EVIL DEAD and PUMPKINHEAD) into a story concerning unique and brash characters, which I fashioned partially after students I have taught during my tenure in education… and partially after myself. But really PERSONAL DEMONS can be seen as a German folk tale: children venture into the woods and are beset upon by the dark things that live just outside the borders of civilization.


Your Order Receipt
Package Estimated Return Date Amount
Fresh Blood Selects (6th Annual): Entry N/A $0.00

Total $0.00

Thank you for submitting your project and we look forward to reading it. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment